Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Slacker

Ok I know I haven't written on here in FOREVER! My S.island trip was bad ass... bar far the best part so far. Did so much I can't write about it all!

This past weekend was labor day weekend and we headed north. A friend of mine (Samantha S.) is traveling around New Zealand and spent the past week with me. We went scuba diving in the Poor Knight Islands. It was wicked. The water was around 57 degrees, but it was so worth it. We saw some sea slugs (nudibranchs), some scorpion fish and a bunch of other beautiful things. Then we went to the Bay of Islands where we took a day tour of the 144 islands and at the very end of our trip we saw DOLPHINS! My life long dream came true....they were wild and a baby one jumped in the air for us TWICE. It was breathtaking. I just love those animals. After that amazing afternoon the day got even better when went further north to the sand dunes. They were so crazy! We rented boggie boards and flew down em. We could only go a few times because the hill was soooo steep and every step would sink into the sand. Our next destination was cape Reinga. Here is the very north tip of N Z and where the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea meets..... it is also believed to be the departing point for the spirits of the Maori dead. On the way home down the west coast is the home of the enormous Kauri tree, 2000 years old.

Today back in Auckland and took Samantha to her bus today. Only two more weeks of classes, one week of study and two weeks of finals....I'll be home before I know it..... don't know if I am ready to leave.

No comments: