Sunday, July 22, 2007

We got no food, no jobs... our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"





So, the last few days have been a bit frustrating. Today we ran out of power... (yeah we pay with these strange cards...it's really annoying) it's now 7:00 and pitch black in out flat. Sam has ten dollars in cash left and the power cards run on $20... of course I have $0... On Saturday night I locked myself out of my room and I got my debit card eaten by the ATM machine. hummm None of my calling cards have been working so I called my dad with my credit card. A three min conversation was $20.

Classes began today and I am taking Maori culture, Leisure sports, Interpersonal Communication and Gender studies. My Maori and sports classes are going to be interesting. The Maori people are native to New Zealand and we will be learning all about their culture and history. My sports class will take us rock climbing, cave seeing and other exciting fun things around New Zealand!!

Saturday night we went to Queen Street ( the main strip) and watched the rugby match. It was New Zealand vs. Australia. Needless to say, it was a huge game for this part of the world. Afterwards we went down to the dock where the nightlife takes place. There was a group of about ten of us, all from Germany, U.S.A. and Mexico. Out of all the students here there are only five Americans; I find it odd that out of the millions of people in America only a few study abroad.

Everyone is sooooo funny. We have made a few videos that are priceless!! People from other countries are so entertaining!! I
love it here.




No comments: